Today's challenge encourages us to prayer walk. I believe prayer walking sone of the best ways to equip people in prayer, create a missional, kingdom focussed heart, evangelize, and plant churches, and change communities. Go to todays challenge below. Then use the prayer walking techniques and practices I included below from ODC's Discipleship 101 Training manual to aid you in your challenge to prayer walk this week.
1. JOIN WITH OTHERS. It is better to go with another person. Larger groups can split into pairs or small groups.
2. SET ASIDE A SPECIFIC TIME AND DESIGNATE A SPECIFIC AREA.
3. LISTEN TO GOD. We find as we prayerwalk that a key ingredient is hearing the voice of the Lord. After all, we are seeking to cooperate with God to pray His desires over an area. We know many of His desires from the Bible, and He will never contradict His Word. However, in prayerwalking we see three specific ways that God gives us insight into what He wants to do.
• Observation: Seeing garbage on the streets may trigger you to pray against the garbage in people’s lives, for example.
• Research: From research you might find there are specific pockets of crime, injustice, or occult practices which direct you to those places and give you a clear direction for prayer.
• Revelation: You may get a nudge from the Holy Spirit to pray a certain direction or to pray a certain Scripture. You might even have a vision which reveals something to pray over.
4. COORDINATE EFFORTS, REGATHER & REPORT if you are with a larger group.
ACTIVITIES COMMON TO PRAYERWALKING:
Praise gives glory to Christ and exalts Him to His proper place as Lord of all. The Lord inhabits the praises of His people. God’s presence fills the area when we praise, and the demons flee. In Ps. 100, praise is like the entrance into His very presence.
In Rev. 8, there was silence in heaven for the coming up of the prayers of the saints. Eph. 6:18 suggests our main weapon against the enemy is to “pray without ceasing.” God can do anything He wants without our help. But He chooses to use the prayers
of Christians as the vessel for releasing His power and bringing about victory in the spiritual realm.
• Pray in the Spirit (Eph. 6:18).
• Pray with your eyes open.
• Pray together with others (Matt. 18:19-20, Lev. 26:8)
• Pray Scripture passages.
• True fasting has divine results (Is. 58).
• God-given scriptures or issues spoken in God- appointed places
• Sharing the gospel
• Prayer Evangelism - involves visiting your neighbors to ask what you can pray for. Often through God answering prayer, a person's heart is opened to hear His truth. (See BLESS prayers on next page.)
OTHER IMPORTANT ELEMENTS OF PRAYER WALKING:
• Decide on a leader
• Decide upon specific scriptures to pray in preparation for the prayerwalk
• Submission to the Lord
• Humility and obedience
5 PRESSURE POINTS
Places you might want to seek out in the area that you are prayer walking:
1. Government centers where legislation is made
2. Commercial centers where decisions are made for who gets what goods
3. Educational centers, especially the president’s office and teachers
4. Communication centers, such as for media, TV, & radio
5. Spiritual centers, both Christian and non-Christian
Link to today's challenge for day 16 : Day 16: Persons of Peace